Sunday, April 12, 2009

Christ has Risen - Rejoice!


What a beautiful Easter weekend!
I really enjoyed it... and really "got it" this year.
We started off being at church Good Friday - which I explained to the kids is almost like a funeral for Jesus.  Then I started to view it that way... thinking about the poor Blessed Mother, and I had tears.  So overwhelming to think of what Jesus went through for us!  I was on the verge of tears all weekend!  

On Holy Saturday we blessed our baskets and my daughter and I went to confession.  Quite a feeling after really.  A person really should experience the peace and calm of this sacrament.

Today, on Easter Sunday, we attended mass.  Yes, the "bunny" came to our house in the night.  We really downplayed this though.  I know my son "got it" too as he called my MIL and FIL tonight to tell them he lost a tooth - YES HE LOST HIS FIRST TOOTH!!!! - and he told my MIL that, and I quote, "Christ has Risen! Let us rejoice!"  - likely as a reply to her saying Happy Easter!  Hooray!

Today was perfect!

I read quite a few blogs, often some belonging to Mormans,  and LD Saints.  I really admire their faith, and their confidence to share it with others.  To testify.  I love my catholic faith, and am proud to be catholic.  I vow to share this part of me with more people.  that's right strangers and friends!  No more gezhundheit (sp?) for you... a cheerful God Bless you coming right at ya!

And as if this weekend could not improve... DH did the goodwill bag for tomorrow!!!!  Love HIM!  xoxo

No comments: