Monday, February 23, 2009

monday again... let the donations continue



Monday kind of snuck up on me this week... on account of "the flu" that was found lurking in the shadows...  and pounced on us all.  On the road to recovery but it sure has been hard getting the motivation in place to achieve much.  As you may or may not know, Monday is donation day.  When my daughter is at piano lessons we take a minimum of one large bag to goodwill.  I challenged myself to do this for a New Years Resolution.  So far, not a week missed.  Admittedly it is getting harder and harder to fill that bag.  This is good stuff we're putting in there!  Sometimes I think about ebay or a summer garage sale, but that seems very far away when it's -14 degrees C like today.  That temperature also makes it hard to search the vast array of boxes in the garage for stuff.  That'll make the summer much easier to purge.  Problem is when I find hotspots like that, I tend to take a van full at once instead of s t r e  t c h i n g it out.  Then I end up scrambling. Anyways, it's been 8 times to goodwill so far, and I gave a bunch to Terra (young moms) and you cannot even tell anything is MISSING!!!  I wish we had a scale, and I could have weighed the amount of pounds my house is losing.  maybe I'll check the goodwill stores and see if I can buy one!  haha!  If we know someone personally that could use the "goods" I give it (clothes etc.) otherwise goodwill.  My daughter has come up with things she wants to send, like her Polly Pockets - hundreds of dollars worth.  So do I just let her throw them in there cause she is ready to part with them?  when I see $$$$$ ?  She wants to "do something nice" for people that need it.  Just stuff I guess.

Joy is not in things, it is in US!

No comments: