Monday, February 2, 2009

Time

Time.
It is flying.
Oh I know everyone says that... off the cuff, but I am different.
I really realize it.
I really mean it.
This wee baby, now not so wee... almost 8 months old. Trying to crawl. Sitting up. Shaking his head "no.no.no.". Always amazing me... amazing everyone. He is as amazing as the other 2 kids.
Oh I know every parent thinks that of their kids, but I am different.

I know it.
As sure as the snow will go, as sure as the night will come. I know.

They are all a gift.
A blessing.
Joy

I am thankful. And I try to be a mother with patience. A mother like my mother. I only remember patience. Surely she lost her cool too. I do not remember that though. Perhaps my kids won't remember me loosing my cool either. Perhaps.

Dreaming about Australia has been a gift. Oh I know the chance is so very slim we would go - but a chance none the less. I fantasized about the lifestyle, about relaxing and living. About taking the time.

The time.
There is time here.
Take it now.

So I am trying. We are playing ball on the floor, the baby and me. The three kids and me. We are building snowmen. We are baking cookies the kids and me. We are doing chores together. My husband and daughter are emptying the dishwasher. We are cooking as a family.

We are a family. Taking the time. Making the time. Having dinner together. Often breakfast and lunch together too. This they say is unusual. (who's they? you know... THEY...) It is important, and brings joy. So we do it.
We will continue to do it.

I am thankful.
We are blessed.

No comments: